Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Chickens and concrete statues



This morning I drug the offspring out of bed and off we drove to a garden center. Actually, it is a little farm run by some sisters. They sell plants and concrete lawn items. I went in search of a fine piece of yard art, no doubt inspired by Mr. M&M man. However, we were sidetracked when the "ladies" came out clucking. We were given a cup of grain and when the ladies saw this they came running. They were the fluffiest chickens I have ever seen.




After a few minutes Mr. Rooster came out and it was obvious that he is the boss.


This buff chicken was my favorite. She was fluffy and enormous.


And, yes I actually did buy a piece of yard art. Everyone needs a naked lady holding up a boat, don't ya think?

2 comments:

  1. That is the fatest chicken I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I had never seen chickens that big before.

    ReplyDelete