Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice, ice, baby

We are in the midst of a terrible ice storm. It is a pure miracle that my "internet by satellite" situation is working for the ten minutes it will take to write this post.



The fruit trees are sagging and the evergreens look much worse. However, ice does make for some spectacular pictures.


It continues to rain here. Yes, it is really raining. Liquid rain that falls and then freezes on everything. The power has gone off twice today and quite frankly, I will be surprised if it stays on tonight.


The weather forecast is calling for more ice today and then an inch of snow tonight. It is looking like we might even be out of school for the rest of the week. Unless, of course, some tropical heatwave comes our way. Oh so doubtful.....


5 comments:

  1. I am insanely jealous of your snow days but then I remember that you will be home with children and SAM all week long!
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of you-and wondering if you were in the ice storm area. I hope you stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I would love to have snow, I don't envy you right now. Rumor has it that we are destined to have some of the white stuff down our way on Monday. Oh joy! I hope that it's snow and not ice. I heard that the local utility company sent workers up to help y'all out.

    Stay warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dee from Tennessee


    Thinking of y'all and hope things are okay. So sorry for the ice storm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We made it! Thanks for thinking of us!

    ReplyDelete