Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow + Paula Deen = Happiness

Ahhhhhh......snow. I have really had enough of it, but we were blessed with some more of the white stuff this morning. At least it wasn't ice. So, the chiclets and I had another day off together and we loaded up and made a massive trip to the grocery. Now, I was thinking.....middle of the week......who could possibly be shopping at Kroger? BWAHAHAHAHA! Wednesday, as I learned, is Senior Citizen Day at Kroger. I love me a good grannie just as much as the next woman, but holy smoke that place was hoppin'. After perusing the aisles, and saying, "excuse me", fifty gazillion times, we finally had our load and drove home.


After arriving home, I decided to make a little dessert. Paula Deen's Banana Pudding recipe struck me as appropriate for my group because she affectionately calls this recipe, "Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding.

Let's get started, shall we? You will need:

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen Cookies

4-6 bananas, sliced

2 cups milk

1 5-ounce box instant French Vanilla Pudding (or use 1 3.5 ounce box and 1/2 of another)

8 ounces cream cheese, very soft

14 ounces sweetened condensed milk

12 ounces Cool Whip, thawed



Place one bag of cookies in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. It is imperative that you do as I do and snatch the cookies off the shelf that still have Christmas decorations imprinted on them. Arrange artfully, making sure some of the cookies are upside down.





Slice the bananas and arrange them on top of the cookies.


Next, mix the pudding and milk. Blend in the cream cheese, cool whip and condensed milk. Mix this until very smooth and pour on top of the banana layer.







Place the second bag of cookies on top of the pudding.







Refrigerate for five minutes before your daughter begs for a bite. She gave this recipe a thumbs up. I do too.










7 comments:

  1. Pretty table cloth!
    I will be skipping this as I hate all fruit. If I was a good wife, I'd make it for Rico...however...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula Deen knows how to spin some Southern comfort food! I love to watch her cook the stuff I remember from childhood, plus I love listening to her talk.

    SAM should swing by Target on the way home tomorrow and bring you some more Pepperidge Farm cookies. They've been on sale the last couple of weeks. More pudding for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confess that I do not like the bananas in any banana pudding. They get slimy after you slice them. Sooooo....I just scoop out the pudding and cookies. Everyone else eats the bananas and is none the wiser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I must try ... banana pudding is my fave. I can't cook to save my life, but it's not from a lack of experimentin'. This can be my next failure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sure sounds good! Paula likes to add the calories to her cookin' don't she.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You left out the cool whip step.
    I hope it was to be folded in last, because that is what I did.
    I haven't sampled any yet, but I'm sure it will be delicious. :)

    NJS

    ReplyDelete
  7. The basic thing is that everyone wants happiness, no one wants suffering. And happiness mainly comes from our own attitude, rather than from external factors. If your own mental attitude is correct, even if you remain in a hostile atmosphere, you feel happy.Nice Comment!

    ReplyDelete