How you know you live in the country


Typically, in the scheme of life, there are only a few reasons for the phone to ring in the wee hours of the morning. The first thought is that of a horrifying emergency. Someone must have died, been in a car wreck, had a heart attack, etc....
So, when the phone rang at 5:47 this morning my head filled with bad thoughts. Was it my parents? Was it Secret Agent Man's mom? Was it someone calling from the hospital? All kinds of things were running through my mind. Secret Agent man jumped out of bed to answer the phone. PTL, as I was too groggy. When he came back to the bedroom I immediately asked who it was. Was someone sick or dead? He assured me that everything was quite fine. It was just Mr. Farmer, up the road, calling to let us know he would bring us some new calves next week.
People, why this couldn't wait until after breakfast, I will never know.

Comments

  1. I guess he was one of those farmers who goes to bed with the chickens and gets up with the roosters and thought you'd already had your breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He called that early to say they were coming next week? You need to call him tonight about 1 am and tell him that that will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, you have to love farmers =)

    The only time I ever hear a phone ring at 5 in the morning is at 911. LoL, even if someone was to call me at home during that time I doubt I would hear it!

    I like dejoni's answer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Joannah

    http://myscones.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies - This man really must get up with the roosters. Obviously, he doesn't think other people are sleeping at that time of day.

    Mercy - Thanks for the compliment and I hope you keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you live in the country-your supposed to get up at the crack of dawn don't ya know :)

    I thought you were going to say someone called to say your cows were out. I've been a mean girl and done that to people in the middle of the night-when who knew if their cows were out or not. Bad Bad. But I've since reformed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, he DID wait until after breakfast..."his" breakfast! -LOL-

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts