Sunday, March 29, 2009

It's the BIG 4 - OH!

Today actually marks the 40th birthday of Secret Agent Man and identical twin brother, Flyboy. Family and friend surprised them last night with a birthday party. A lot of crazy planning and shucking/jiving went on to pull this off as a surprise. At the last minute a change in venue meant that I had to call people and make the following statement:

"Hey the weather might be bad so we have moved the party to the Double D Worm Farm. Y'all come on out!"

Never in my city girl life did I think I would be hosting a party at a worm farm. And that is not even the half of it. A George Jones impersonator showed up complete with a 'possum tattoo on his shoulder. Boy howdy, I wish I had gotten a picture of that. Food and Karaoke ruled the evening. Southern Fried Momma was spinnin' the tunes and Toots was living the karaoke life. And, things really got hoppin' when the ladder was pulled out so that someone could climb it and turn on the disco ball....hung by extension cord.

3 comments:

  1. My father still talks about that fateful day- since they were expecting one baby and out popped The Twins. As an expectant father himself at the time, and from a family prone to twins, it scared his socks off.

    Ah, well, twice the goofiness, and two-for-one on all the sports teams in high school! I don't believe anybody who says they can't tell them apart, though- they may be identical, but not ABSOLUTELY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, that's funny because I have always heard their mom talk like she knew there were twins arriving. And, you are right, they may be identical, but not ABSOLUTELY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like everyone had a grand ole time. A late happy birthday wish.

    ReplyDelete