Saturday, March 14, 2009

Showtime

Today the chiclets and I took off to the big city. I know, I know.....two trips in one week? Yep, that's how the week went down. We attend the annual cluster dog show held in our state each year. The Deerslayer and I like to see the dogs. Toots likes the ice cream served in a waffle cone. We saw all types of dogs.

Mr. Handsome Dog





Spa treatments, washing, drying, and grooming abounded. Baby powder and hairspray were flying all over the place.





There were some little faces that only an owner could love....






And then, of course, there were the beauty queens. Posing for my camera, totally used to having their picture taken.








We also watched some dogs perform in the agility ring.







We had a great time. But, I knew it was time to go when, while I was making a purchase, I turned around to see the chiclets whacking each other with dog toys. Good times people, good times.....




4 comments:

  1. Such handsome and cute dogs. I like watching those shows on TV. We used to have a dachshund and I liked watching them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time-and looks that way too-cute doggies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I missed you! My Airedale rescue was set up in the lobby between GRRAND and Brittany Spaniel Rescue, but I only worked Saturday and Sunday.

    There are things I miss about the show world, and many that I don't. I *tried* to ask about buying syndication on a promising Smooth Fox Terrier puppy; however, the handler was too stuck up to acknowledge me. Guess it's a great cosmic sign to remain a spectator for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Airedale Girl - I would love to breed some dogs, but I fear it would leave my kids in tears when it was time to sell!

    ReplyDelete