Friday, April 10, 2009

The countdown begins...

Several months ago Secret Agent Man, myself, Southern Fried Momma, and Rico, bought a very antique building located on our historic town square. At the time, we did not know what we were going to do with the structure. It had been empty for quite a few years and had deteriorated over that time. It was filled with junk, some unique and some pretty gross. After the junk had been cleaned out it looked like this.



We were soon approached by a family wanting to lease this space from us and put in a Mexican restaurant. Interesting for sure, but our building needed A LOT of work. Rico and Secret Agent Man have been hard at it for the past few months. Lots of late nights and weekends have been spent working on this space. Plumbing, electric, and the heat/air systems all had to be updated.




It has finally come together and in a few days (hopefully) all inspections will be passed and the doors will officially open.





How do I know this if finally official? How do I know that we are really going to get these doors open?



This is how I know.....the vendor who supplies the sweet tea came to set up his supplies. This is a true southern sign that people are REALLY going to come and eat at this establishment. I mean, no respectable southern person would eat at a restaurant without sweet tea on the menu.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet tea and Mexican food? You'd have to convince me. I'm a sweet tea lover (southern roots) but I don't know. Maybe I'll have to take a road trip and check it out.

    - Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne,
    Come on down and check it out. Sweet Tea and Mexican food is a pretty good combo. Since we are a dry county, you will not be getting a Margarita with your meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I haven't been over there but am going first thing in the morning. Can you believe our men pulled this off????

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Sweat tea... you know it!

    Your building looks great now. I can't believe it's the same place. Amazing!

    I can't wait to hear all about the opening!

    ReplyDelete