Friday, April 3, 2009

Tastes like chicken!




Tonight I had the pleasure of ingesting a frog leg...yes, for the first time. And, I know that you are thinking, "Well Farmchick, what did you think?" Hmmm...it was okay. Not earth shattering, but okay. I mean, they were some little legs, so just what was I expecting?

I was expecting this experience to "up" my Southerness. To make me want to have a Moonpie and an RC for dessert. To make me say "y'all" and "ain't" all night. To make me put peanuts in my Coke. To make me want to bake a batch of cheese straws, just in case company comes to visit. To make me want to call my Mama and throw up my hand to wave at everyone on my drive home.

Alas, not one of these urges came over me this evening. Maybe it will hit me in the morning.

8 comments:

  1. You know, they just don't taste good unless you gig them yourself...so says Rico.
    We should go frog gigging and blog it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me, duh

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is wrong with this thing..I give up. You know who it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are funny...I think you are the only person I know who refers to their husband as Rico. Maybe we should call him Telly. The Deerslayer would LOVE to go gig some frogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep-tastes like chicken to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha!!!! i love it!!! i have never ate them either.
    thanks for stopping by my blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, no, tell me your husband is not indoctrinating the children in the finer points of frog-gigging? Wasn't it your brother-in-law who gigged his foot in high school? They were the frog-gigging kings of Green County, but I was never sure if they should've been out on their own with sharp, pointy objects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't get past the visual here, GAG!!!! Do you have to make it where it totally looks like a frog? chop it up or something. I have a cosuin who went camping with a real country dude once. He caught a rattler and said he would cook it for them that they were good to eat. Well my cousin thought he could try it until the guy coiled it up in a fry pan and let it sit there looking just like a snake. He didn't even take one bite.
    my word verification here tonight is 'loono" sometimes I wonder about these....

    ReplyDelete