Duct tape, shower curtains, and nothing at all....

Alas....I wish I could take credit for the picture you are looking at right now. To the untrained eye, it is just a make do cover up for an unfortunate accident. But, to a girl being schooled in southern ingenuity, it is a feat of delicate engineering. Albeit just that one tiny fault, that you can't actually SEE out the back window!

About a year ago I ran across this same circumstance, except for the fact that the duct tape was applied to the driver's side window. At the time I had no camera with me....not even a cell phone camera....I know, I know I am so behind the times. So, you can imagine my glee when a friend sent this little gem to me via e-mail.

Since moving here I can seriously say I have seen car windows covered with the following things:

* a shower curtain - and no it was not a clear/see through curtain

* a black garbage bag

* and my personal favorite - just leaving the back window without the glass and letting the dog hang out of it

I will admit to covering a small, rear passenger window with CLEAR packing tape when it was inadvertently broken. Because I was all about pretending that it wasn't broken!

Drive carefully out there and leave the duct tape and shower curtains in the house.

Comments

  1. Oi. Parabéns pelo excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil. Abração

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then there is the car that someone lives in in our neighborhood. It is parked at various places so it doesn't get a ticket for parking too long in one place. Some idjit used white spray paint and painted the words TOW TOW on both sides of the car... The car wasn't that bad looking before-except for the covered windows. Now it is a real eyesore and I feel very sorry for the owner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen garbage bags, and duct tape holding bumpers on, trunks shut, and hoods shut.

    You'd think that they'd be getting more creative now that there are 20 different colors of duct tape available at your local wal-mart! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts