Friday, July 17, 2009

Caught in the act

A few years ago I bought this birdbath. I picked it out for the delicate grape design and the fact that I would be providing water to the bird population around the farmette. Oddly enough it always leaned a bit. Never mind that I would set it back upright....it ended up leaning just a bit. Kind of like the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Slightly artistic, but really kind of kooky for our farm.




Today the answer to the leaning question came to me in a flash. More like a sneaky dog that I caught in the act of using the birdbath as her own personal water dish.





She had that slightly guilty look on her face for just the briefest of moments.





Then she went right on drinking like I am sure she has been doing since I brought the birdbath home.


6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! We have an Aussie who does the EXACT SAME THING! She has watering holes galore (I've got several watering stations set up for her - inside and out!) - but she by FAR prefers the fountain.

    What gives with that?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely drinking out of the birdbath beats drinking out of the toilet -smile-.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think dogs are constantly rearranging our lives and we rarely figure it out. Tonight we were in the front yard and my husband asked me what that be gap was in the front hedge. I just stared at him for a few seconds until he remembered, "Oh yeah, the dog..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dog did that too, actually the look is "WHY do you put my fancy bowl up this high, do you think I look like a stork?" Then they sigh at our stupidity and proceed to lap up the water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...that's so sweet!!!

    At least it's not the toilet, right?!

    ReplyDelete