Wednesday, July 15, 2009

'Cause the Church Ladies said so


This past weekend I whipped up some barbecue sauce that came straight out of this cookbook. A cookbook that I dug out of the bottom of a bargain box a couple of years ago. I paid no more than a couple of dollars for this book, but it is truly one of my better cookbooks. Full of church lady knowledge and canned soup cuisine, I can always count on it for a great recipe.
This recipe does contain rum, but please know that the alcohol does burn off during the heating process. This recipe is large and I did end up only making half of it, with great results.
Cruzan Barbecue Sauce
2 (8-ounce) bottles of your favorite prepared barbecue sauce
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup rum
1 cup molasses
Pour the barbecue sauce in a saucepan. Add the remaining ingredients, tasting and adding more of one or another until the flavor suits you. Warm the sauce briefly over low heat. Use the sauce to baste chicken or ribs on the grill.
Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. I didn't cook tonight I'll be right over and I'll bring the bread, thought you'd never ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...rum in a church ladies' cookbook? Sounds like a great recipe--love the pineapple juice in there.

    ReplyDelete