Friday, August 14, 2009

Pondering on this past week


This past week has flown by for me. We have fallen back into our old routine of homework and sports practice. It seems like such a short time between arriving home and bedtime. So much to do and so little time to get it all accomplished. The flurry of activity leaves my mind full of intelligent thoughts:
If we are home so little, then why is there so much more laundry to do and so many more dishes to wash?
Why is it that the air conditioning drainage line only gets clogged during the hottest day of the year?
If the school cafeteria is really following the food pyramid guidelines, just when did mini-corn dogs fall under those nutritional government guidelines?
I know it's hot, but do the cows really have to take turns standing in their water tank?
I have had to wake my children every morning this week, however I would bet my paycheck that I won't have to in the morning.

4 comments:

  1. your funny, those are real pearls of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, yeah...we kids were always hitting the ground running at dawn on Saturday. Not dragging like on school days! Back "in the day," however, we got up, got cereal and watched our once-a-week cartoons! Mom usualy got to sleep in some! C

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right. I'll bet they're up and running early.
    School start next week here, so I'll be right there with you wondering the same things.
    Well.....except for the stock tank thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hit the nail on the head! It's even worse with teenagers, especially my son. He is soooo NOT a morning person.

    ReplyDelete