Friday, September 25, 2009

Grow bolder, not older

The past few weeks have been a tough transition for my Gran. She is facing health problems that may require some significant life changes for her. It is hard to see her facing these issues, as she has always been a wonderful example for me in life. I think what is hardest for me is seeing things happen that are just out of her control. It really makes you think of the important things in life, how you are living, and what you value.



Mr. B sent me this link yesterday. It is about a lady named Rachel and it is all about growing bolder, not older. I hope you will click this link and watch the short video. I promise you won't be sorry. I want to be like this when I grow up.

http://growingbolder.com/media/technology/vehicles/romancing-the-road-259598.html

4 comments:

  1. Great video!
    I hope when I'm her age I'm still going strong too.
    Getting older is doesn't mean we have to get ready for sickness and worse.
    Keep our minds and bodies moving until the very end!!
    Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I know it's hard. I've lost all my Grandparents and parents. And had to put my brother in an assisted living facility at too young of an age. It's the price he has to pay for a lifetime of not taking care of himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool old lady in that video! I wanna be her when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your grandma is having trouble. It's going around! I loved the video she is amazing! both her and her car! thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with your grandma. My dad has to go into the hospital for a procedure on Friday, and it makes me realize just how fast the years are flying by ... not just for him and my mother but for me as well. We really do need to make the most of every day because none of has a guarantee of even another minute. I loved the video. If you don't mind, I may share it (with credit to you and your blog). I have some readers (my dad comes to mind first), who would really benefit from seeing this clip. What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete