Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sometimes you're the bug


It has been a while since I have written a week in review. You know...things move pretty slow, here in Smalltownland. Sometimes, it takes a couple of weeks for excitement to build, but I think I have a few things to share.

I have recently started reading the "Twilight" series. I realize I am a day late and a dollar short on this trend AND it really is teenage literature. However, it is an enjoyable, easy read. I would also like to know, just where were these horrifyingly good looking vampire, werewolf boys when I was in high school?

Yesterday, while shopping at Wal-Mart, I bought Michael Jackson's classic CD, "Off the Wall". My daughter looked at the CD cover and announced, "He is .....black!" Yes, we had a long conversation about that whole transformation.

While purchasing a Wonder Woman Halloween costume for my daughter, (watch out Justice League, there is a new super hero in town), there was a very elderly lady checking out in front of me. She noticed my purchase and asked me if I was purchasing it for my GRAND-DAUGHTER! People, I will confess that I am 41 years old, and it really bruised my ego to think that someone actually thought I looked old enough to have a grandchild. The cashier just winked at me and chuckled. Ouch....

I came home from work a couple of days ago to find a package of black powder pellets on the kitchen counter along with a large sack of acorn rage! What happened to having people-related food products on the counter? BTW....those two products mean that deer season is starting up around our area. Onward we go....

I must close this post for now. I hear a cricket in the spare bedroom and there will be no rest until this Farmchick finds him another home. Preferably outside...

8 comments:

  1. I am proud to say that I read the series when they first came out and thoroughly enjoyed them. (Had I not had a teenage daugther I never would have heard of the hottie teenage werewolf and vampire.)

    Boo to the elderly lady who needs to get her vision prescription rechecked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the book or seen the movie. I'm further behind than you.
    The lady at the Walmartz needs to visit the vision center.
    Yep, deer season is upon us. The white truck that sits at a gate leading to some abandoned land is sitting there every morning again. Soon there will be a little car sitting there too. The man scouts the land and finds where the deer feed, then the wife joins in on the hunting.
    Speaking of hunting....did you find that cricket?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you, I am now almost done with the first Twilight book.
    I read all night.
    Hot vampire boys....yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor thing...maybe she had bad eyesight...I am afraid that would have caused me to go get a make-over with my beautician...I must be too vain!!! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh-heh, well I am old enough to be a grandmother! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haven't done the Twilight thing. you don't look old, not grandma old, she was slipping a little. Go buy a beer at Walmart and they'll card you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Twilight series is ADDICTING, to say the least. I was reading them right behind my 15 yo daughter last fall (loved them). Take heart - I'm 41 (too) and still get carded - I don't look that young, especially with all the grey that keeps popping through my color jobs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your granddaughter? Wow. We sort of missed the bandwagon on the whole "teen pregnancy is cool" thing, but really. Jeez. I hope you told SAM so he could share in the Geritol Moment!

    ReplyDelete