Oh....how times have changed. We have moved straight into Fall weather here with our temperatures in the morning predicted to be hovering around 35 degrees. Top that off with thick cloud cover and misty rain falling from the sky. It all makes me want to eat a grilled cheese sandwich with a bowl of tomato soup, and then wrap up under the covers.
This gloomy, wet week has flown by. Work and school obligations make time go by so fast. Although it has been a quick week, it has not been without its moments. Let's check out just a few, shall we?
- I found the sink, in one of the downstairs bathrooms, filled with rocks, dirt, and a vague film of water. Gross. My son informed me those were not just any rocks, they were flint. Soon to be made into arrowheads. Obviously, Tred Barta is a figure in our household.
- When I moved to Smalltownland quite a few years ago, I did not like country music. Well, I quickly got used to it, as that is just about the only thing you can pick up on the FM dial around these parts. Just this morning I became acquainted with Loretta Lynn's classic song, "When the Tingle Becomes a Chill". Seriously? I was surprised to hear it on our conservative radio station. However, Loretta's song, "You're the Reason our Kids are Ugly", puts that song to shame. I think I am turning into my mother.
- Several months ago I took in my brother's dog. A lab/pointer mix that is lovable, but a little....um....challenging. This week he chewed a hole in my sofa cushion. Words cannot express how I feel about this. Actually they can, but I told my dad I would not use foul language on this blog.
- Halloween is fast approaching. Thus, my daughter has taken to wearing her vampire teeth around the house. I watched her eat an ice cream cone with a set of those teeth in her mouth. Crazy girl. Do you think I could get my Jack Russell to pose with those teeth in her mouth?
- All of the various flu strains have shown up around Smalltownland now. Schools are suffering from low attendance already and it isn't even the typical flu season yet. I have used enough hand sanitizer today to likely be suffering from alcohol poisoning.
I believe that concludes my words of wisdom for this week. Best wishes for a restful weekend with plenty of Loretta Lynn, hand sanitizer, and vampire teeth.