Saturday, November 21, 2009

Chocolate Chip Pie

As promised I am going to share with you my recipe for Chocolate Chip Pie. Simple and very easy to make, it is almost like half-baked cookie dough in a pie crust. It pairs well with a scoop of ice cream.

Let's get started, shall we? You will need eggs, self-rising flour, white sugar, brown sugar, melted butter (cooled to room temperature), and 1/2 bag of chocolate chips. For the crust I like to use the pre-made crust that I can just roll out into my own pie dish.


Mix the eggs, sugars, and butter well. Add the flour and mix until very well blended. Pour in the chocolate chips and stir to combine.




Place mixture in the unbaked pie shell. It turns out like very soft cookie dough. Delicious right out of the bowl....not that I would know anything about that.....

Bake for one hour at 325 degrees. Cool pie completely before cutting. I did not follow my own directive and cut this piece before it was quite cool. It was still delicious.


Chocolate Chip Pie
2 eggs
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/ cup melted butter, cooled to room temperature
1/2 bag of chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 nine inch pie shell, thawed
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Add white and brown sugars, beat until well blended. Stir in flour until well combined. Add chips. Pour into pie shell and bake at 325 degrees for one hour.
Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I have a recipe called Toll House Pie. If it isn't the same, it is very similar! Wish I had that right now with my coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about making it, but I'd certainly volunteer to help eat it!

    Especially if there are seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think I just gained 5 pounds. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks rich and creamy.
    I'd love to try this one. Maybe I could get my guys to try that with all that chocolate!

    ReplyDelete