Saturday, November 7, 2009

Where's George?

This past week I made a purchase in Smalltownland. Not a big deal and certainly nothing out of the ordinary. However, the change I received back was a little different. One of the dollar bills was stamped with the, "Where's George", logo.






Not being familiar with this, I had to look up the website. And, I have to say, it was pretty interesting. You enter the serial number for the bill, along with your zip code. It will also ask for the series of the bill, located on the lower right hand side. As long as people have logged in as to the whereabouts of the bill, you can learn where it has been. My dollar started out in Montreal and it took a year to arrive in Smalltownland.

If you are interested in checking out the web page, you can do so here.

Have any of you ever received one of these bills?

6 comments:

  1. No, I have never recieved one of these but I find it fasinating and think I might like to start one! Thanks for sharing this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but I'll be on the lookout for one now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have received several at the local McDonald's here in smalltownland. Mine haven't been nearly as well traveled as yours. The farthest mine had came from was Somerset. It's still exciting to log in and see though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never heard of this but it sounds fascinating! And, I've never seen one of these bills... perhaps my town is smaller than yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to get them a lot when I was a server. I'm a member on the site and I've gotten a bill or two from a couple hundred miles away! I think it's neat!

    ReplyDelete