Friday, January 29, 2010

Quick and easy dinner rolls

I have no doubt that there are many of you out there who will read this and think, "Hey, I have made those rolls." The recipe is in virtually every church lady cookbook that I own. Simple and economical, the recipe can't be beat. I always have the ingredients on hand, and they taste pretty good too.

Let's get started, shall we?

Combine the following:

1 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sugar

Mix together in a large bowl. Typically I use a whisk and mix until the batter is smooth.



Spoon batter into a greased muffin pan. Fill each cup about 1/2 -3/4 the way full.



Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve while hot with plenty of real butter.

I have read several variations on the recipe I have listed. You can omit the sugar and you can also use salad dressing instead of the mayo. Either variation will give a very slight difference in the flavor.
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I have never made these but will this weekend.
    Hope you are enjoying the snow and all the time spent holed up with the family ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, where've I been? Never heard of churchlady rolls. Hmmm... will have to check those out.

    I do like your new header photo and blog design! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious, and I love your header. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a weakness for bread. I could live on just bread and, of course, butter.
    I've not made these before, but I must try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMMM these sound so good and look even better........

    ReplyDelete