Sunday, February 14, 2010

A poem for Valentine's Day


Love's Philosophy

The fountains mingle with the river
And the rivers with the ocean,
The winds of Heaven mix forever
With a sweet emotion;
Nothing in the world is single,
All things by a law divine
In one spirit meet and mingle -
Why not I with thine?

See the mountains kiss high heaven
And the waves clasp one another;
No sister-flower would be forgiven
If it disdained its brother;
And the sunlight clasps the earth,
And the moonbeams kiss the sea -
What are all these kissings worth
If thou kiss not me?

by Percy Bysshe Shelley

6 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's day to you and yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day. Love the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem! Happy Valentine's Day!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! I guess Valentine's day is about the only day that we turn to poetry! But there are really some lovely poems out there if we only stop to read them. Hope you had a nice one -

    Thanks for the heads-up on Piknik. I'll have to check it out! I love how your picture looks! Have a good week ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a great Valentine's Day. Great sentimental poem.
    I had missed a few of your posts so had to catch up. I will try the cheese straws. Looks like a great book for a Southern Lady or a Southeren Lady wanna be like me.
    Also loved the pictures of the Ky countryside. I was supposed to be back there this week (I know, it's snowing now) but due to a baby arriving soon here I had to postpone my trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's sweet!
    Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete