Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ilene's Irish cake

Last week I received a professional magazine in the mail. While breezing through it, I found this recipe. It is good and a bit different. The pistachio, almond, and chocolate flavors combine to make a great taste. And, of course, St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner. What better way to help celebrate that with a green cake?

Let's get started, shall we? You will need the following:

1 box white cake mix
3 oz pkg pistachio pudding mix
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup water
4 eggs
2 tsp almond extract
1 package of chocolate chips


Mix together the cake and pudding mixes. Mix until well combined. Add the water and oil, then add the eggs, one at a time. Finally, add the extract.


Pour only two-thirds of the batter into a well greased bundt pan.


Layer the chocolate chips over the batter in the pan and then spread the remaining batter over the chips.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. My cake was complete at 47 minutes, so do watch your cake towards the end of the baking time.


Enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. That looks delicious.
    And fun.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yum. Green cake for St. Paddy's. Wonder if it goes well with green beer? Maybe I should try it out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love good bundt cake recipes. This looks yummy and just in time for my something green for ST. Pats. I bet the pudding makes it nice and moist.
    Loved your Country Living lesson post too. My son loves to hunt. I will ask him if he's ever been shed hunting...so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! I love chocolate and St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete