Saturday, March 20, 2010

Woof!

Today our family loaded and headed to the big city for the annual dog show. I confess that I am the dog lover of the family. Secret Agent Man is pretty tolerant of the dogs who live with us.....all because I decided we, "needed", to give them a home. We don't own show dogs. In fact, three of the dogs we have currently owned came from shelters.

While there we saw dogs of ALL breeds, shapes, sizes, and personalities. This handsome man went into the show ring right after I snapped this picture.


There were quite a few Irish Wolfhounds trotting around the facility. Very beautiful creatures, who look large and intimidating, but are very sweet in demeanor.




The Corgis were being groomed while we walked around the owner/handler area. When they are not busy the owner and handlers are happy to talk about their specific breed. It is interesting to see how they set up their areas and how much time is spent grooming.



Don't you want to take this one home?


While there I made a purchase from the Pedigree company. I am sure you have seen their, "Dogs Rule", merchandise. A portion of the proceeds go to help shelter dogs find homes. If you would like to participate you may do so here. If you don't care to purchase from the company, then do one better and visit your local animal shelter and adopt a dog...or maybe a couple.


And that, dear folks, is the end.....




7 comments:

  1. I have never been to a dog show, but we watch them on TV, so would probably love it. No dogs at the moment, but raising three boys, we have had many throughout the years. I agree...if I were to get one, it would have to come from a shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to a dog show, but I've watched them on tv...so fun to see all the gorgeous dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That same Golden was back in the grooming loop on Sunday, in exactly that pose. He can sit as still as a stone for an eternity.

    We bought an Irish Wolfhound when I was in college- there was someone in Smalltownland breeding them at the time. She developed hip dysplasia, though, and was euthanized before we took delivery- Dad was so upset that we wouldn't take the offered replacement. We'd already named her Molly Malone...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see so many different breeds of dogs at work (i work for a vet) but there is just something about a corgi that makes me smile every time! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to a dog show. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cool! I always try to catch the Dog Show on HGTV, but have never been to one. My parents are the proud owners of not one, but two Corgis (like the one you snapped a photo of). They are the sweetest things, but tend to bark A LOT!

    ReplyDelete