Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Portraits of Pansies

Typically I plant flowers in the spring, like most people. This year I decided to plant some pansies, which is a flower I usually don't give a second glance. But, they have turned out to be a beautiful addition to the back porch. From this one picture I used Picnik to create some excellent effects. Picnik is a great photo editing tool and the best part about it? You can just use the free parts of the service and you don't have to sign up for anything.

On this picture I only color corrected.



Here is the picture when it is softened.




This is a matte effect and you can change the size/color of the matte.



This is the cross-process effect. This is one of my favorite effects. It gives a slightly aged look to a photograph.



You can also boost the color of your photo.



I hope you try it and have some fun with your camera.



4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Thank you for sharing. I'm looking forward to trying it with my photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one with the faded edges -- very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pictures. I've never used Picnik before. I like the matte finish one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love not only taking pictures, but playing with effects, too.
    We are kindred spirits.
    And I love that song, Harper Valley PTA.

    ReplyDelete