Tomatoes anyone?

I think I have made no secret of the fact that I live out in the middle of nowhere. In fact, my old house is at the end of a small country road in a rural county. There are many days, when we are home in the summertime, that the only person to travel down our road is our beloved mail lady, Roxie. You actually have to have a real purpose to visit the farmette.

That being said, Sunday's turn of events was rather strange. I was sitting in the upstairs office when I heard, what I thought was the tractor. Now, I didn't think much of this actually. Secret Agent Man was at home and working outside. In no time he was up in the office asking if I knew the person that had just came down our road.



In fact our mystery visitor had left two boxes of tomatoes near the back door.


Two boxes of tomatoes and we had no idea who they belonged to or what to do with them.....or who dropped them off for that matter. Phone calls were made, but to no avail. They ended up being used by a local restaurant.
Strange happenings, even for Smalltownland.

Comments

  1. Who even has tomatoes this time of year?? Strange brew out there in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one has tomatoes this time of year. This is a strange thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...that is something that I would lose slep over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is strange. I loooove fresh tomatoes. I wouldn't mind a visit from your "tomatoe fairy"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That's is odd. In our neck of the woods, in the fall, it's not unusual to find paper bags of zucchini on your porch, or in your unlocked vehicle...but I never heard of tomatoes in the spring left like that. Bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous tomatoes! i can't wait for mine to do something!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How strange is that! I'm going to start wishing someone brings me tomatoes : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's funny!
    Of all things to leave on the doorstep?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to have those tomatoes! That was kinda strange.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts