Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chocolate Cheesecake

I am far overdue when it comes to posting a recipe. And, I have to confess, even this one is an afterthought. Located on the back of a box of baking chocolate, this cheesecake recipe is smooth and rich in chocolate flavor. The fact that the crust is made of oreo's doesn't hurt.

I only have one picture to share and that is of it half gone! It was delicious.


Chocolate Cheesecake

18 oreo cookies, finely crushed (about 1 1/2 cups)
2 tbsp butter, melted
3 pkg. (8 oz each) of cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 pkg (8 squares) semi-sweet chocolate melted, cooled slightly
3 eggs

Heat oven to 325 degrees. Press combined crumbs and butter onto bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.

Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with a mixer until well blended. Add cooled chocolate and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition, until well blended. Pour over crust.

Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.

Try not to eat it all at once.

7 comments:

  1. I'll have to hide this one from the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy sweet tooth! I literally am drooling. Can you send that through the mail? ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One picture was all I needed to start drooling. I love cheesecake, but I think it was the rich chocolate that got me. Recipe sounds easy enough. Thanks for sharing...my husband will thank you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beverly - This is a good recipe and REALLY easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chocolate! I'm trying to stay away from sweets for a few weeks, though, so I can lose around 5 lbs. But, somehow, I don't think I will succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! I wish I hadn't clicked on this post. That looks sinful. Now I have to go and make it. I must fight the urge!!!

    ReplyDelete