Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Honey Bun Cake

This recipe is a favorite of my crew, although I don't make it very often. If you like honey buns, then you will surely appreciate this cake. Let's get started, shall we?

You will need the following:

1 yellow cake mix
2/3 cup oil
8 oz. sour cream
4 eggs
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar



Mix together the cake mix, oil, sour cream, and eggs. Blend well and pour 1/2 of the mixture into a greased 9x13" pan. Then mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Pour the sugar mixture over the batter. Top this with the remaining batter.



Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. While the cake is still warm punch holes in the cake with a fork. Mix together the glaze and pour over the cake.

Glaze:
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla



Allow the cake to cool before you cut it. I did not do this before this picture was taken.


However, it was still delicious.




7 comments:

  1. this was the cake that made my granny famous....all the kids in our family would go wild over it. i've made it myself a couple of times, once leaving off the glaze and it was still pretty good. seeing it posted here brings back sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this recipe! I'm taking it home with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy would my youngest love this! I'll have to make it for him.
    Not me though, I don't need it. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that sounds so good! I'm trying not to eat anything before I go to bed, this post is making it awful hard to do that. My blackberries are getting ripe and I made a blackberry crumble for dessert tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorites! I haven't made it in a long time-though now I think it's time ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this recipe! But I haven't made it in a few years. It really does taste like a honeybun, doesn't it? Yum!

    ReplyDelete