My last hurrah

Today marks my last Friday before the new school year begins. The chiclets and I go back to school next week....yes, seriously. So, what better way to mark this event than to send the chiclets to their Grandmother's house for the day and invite my good friend, Southern Fried Momma, over for some girl gossip, pool floating, and snacks.


Unfortunately for me our pool float totally deflated. Thus, I was relegated to resting upon Toot's mystery animal float. It did the job.



Six hours were spent hooting, hollering, laughing, eating, swatting sweat bees, and fending off hungry dogs. A certain Jack Russell did run off with our cheese ball after we went inside for a break. I think she had been planning her theft for quite a while.


So, I leave my grimy pool flip flops behind to start another school year. Anyone else out there going back to school this early?

Comments

  1. Ouch! Back to work in August??? Not cool at all. What grade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to spend the last day of summer! Lovely!

    My boys don't go back until the end of August, but I wish it was earlier! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ughgh! We start on the 16th of August here. I still think school should begin after Labor Day like it used to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great day!

    My kids start back August 9th. The boy has already started back because of Band.

    My how the summer has flown by.

    Hope that you and the chiclets have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how did it all go so fast ???

    so good to see you at farmhouse, my friend

    looks like the last day was a great one...

    kary and teddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. summertime,,pooltime....i cant wait!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been in school all summer.
    Last day this semester is the 5th.
    Then back to a new semester on the 18th. I think Boo starts back on the same day.
    Summer has flew by this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, no! We don't back until the week before labor day. I am so sorry they cut summer that short for you!

    Great way to celebrate summer, though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog. I love it! Will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still laughing at our conversations from Friday. We should have been doing this all summer long....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts