On the road again, and again, and again....

Our summer seems to be going by in the blink of an eye. We have been busy traveling here and there lately and although it has been a little crazy, it has been a good experience. The chiclets and I rallied and drove to Florida for our annual visit with The Babs and Mr. B, otherwise known as Nana and Papa. They live on the gulf coast and while we were there the beaches were open for business. But, the crowds were not what they have been in the past. The chiclets typically swim in a bay area in my parents neighborhood. Thus far, it has been unaffected by the oil spill. It is a great area with a lot of kids and a pier that is perfect for jumping off of.

This summer marked an important milestone in the life of Toots. She was finally old enough, and tall enough, to drive a go-cart by herself. It took a little more concentration than she might have thought.


We had a great visit, but we were all glad to get back home. After several hours of driving on the interstate I was glad to see my favorite cause of a Smalltownland traffic jam.





After arriving back at the farmette, I had the unpleasant task of unpacking the Suburban. A strange smell kept emanating from the back of the vehicle. Hmmmmm......




Yes, that is a crab claw that my kids had dropped in the beach bag. I am sure they were hoping to save it for.......well, forever I am sure.




Comments

  1. Unpacking the car is the worst! Glad you located the smelly source and had a nice visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same type of traffic jams around here too!

    Glad she was able to drive this year. Last year was Ladybug's first driving year as well.

    As for the crab claw...at least it wasn't the whole crab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a nice trip...it's always great to get home. I carries a duck egg from Gettysburg to California when I was young and our family went on a cross country trip. I thought I'd hatch it...it just smelled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are having fun this summer. I agree that summer is flying by. Whatever happened to the lazy days of summer?
    We have had that same smell come home with us. I think it is one of the worst smells known to man (or woman).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a nice trip to Florida. A traffic jam in our area is usually caused by a farm tractor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister once stashed a whole bagful of Sand Dollars (not yet dead and bleached) into the trunk of our parents' car down on St. Simons Island, Georgia. By the time we got to Marietta that night, the trunk was pretty funky. Dr. AiredaleParent nearly blew a gasket when he found the cause- so it's a time-honored tradition for kids from Smalltownland to pack stinky sealife in the car for Mom and Dad to discover in the summer heat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts