Friday, October 15, 2010

Easy Root Beer BBQ

The recipe I am about to share comes from The Mennonite Girls. They are some seriously good cooks. This BBQ has become a staple around the farmhouse and is a particular favorite of my son. It only takes three ingredients and a slow cooker, so you have to try it.


Ingredients:

1 pork loin roast, 2-3 lbs

1 can of root beer

1 bottle of bbq sauce


Place the pork roast in the slow cooker. Pour root beer over the roast and let it cook, on low, for 6-8 hours. When ready, drain any juices from the crock pot. Shred the pork while it is in the crock pot. Usually it is so tender, I don't have trouble with this. Then mix in your favorite bottle of bbq sauce, or if you like to make your own, that will work as well.


Serve as sandwiches or just as part of the main meal.




Enjoy!

17 comments:

  1. Okay! I'm sold.Yum! How about a root beer float for dessert?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The root beer makes the pork taste so good! Did you hear the good news that the "Mennonite Girls Can Cook" blog is having a cookbook published? I'm so glad their dream is coming true, and that all proceeds from the book will go to charity. They are all such nice women.

    Thanks for your nice comment! I really appreciate your visits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would have never thought to cook with root beer! I bet it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing! I like the idea of the Root Beer float for dessert too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is root beer! I want to make that recipe,wonder if root beer is available in RSA?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a great fan of root beer, but I'm sure I'd like this anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of this recipe, but have never tried it. I do happen to have a pork loin in the freezer right now and a can of root beer. I must try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yuM...my husband hasnt fired up the woodsmoker in a couple of months we have been so busy...but im thinking that might be a great mop for the pulled pork that is smoked..def. gonna try your recipe this fall!! :-) THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds really easy. I love root beer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm...I'm intrigued with that root beer! Yum! We love bbq pork sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks honest and real to me.

    Please have a good Sunday you all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Farmchick -- Your header photo and script is just great! i really like how you present your whole blog -- colors photos etc. I don't know if that is your farmhouse in the header but if it is you live in paradise. It is amazing to me that people from other states do not realize that KY has beauty, clean air, and good water. Lets not tell them or we will be creating more suburbs in the country. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Captain loves bbq. I will definitely be trying this.
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I can handle this recipe--3 ingredients--hard to beat.
    Sounds wonderful!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - right up my (cooking ) alley... THANKS for sharing! Love your pics and music here too!

    ReplyDelete