Thoughtless Thursday


Comments

  1. Farmchick,You always have the nicest pictures. Are you a photographer? My son in law has a really nice camera outfit. He is worse than myself when it comes to taking pictures. I should try to encourage him to start a blog with his pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sad one. If only walls could talk, to tell the story of this one. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a great Shot!!!!
    This is full of feeling.
    No words needed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, how sad is that poor little house? Great photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sawn - I am not a photographer. It is just a hobby for me and I started this blog to share photos with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww. It was bad enough in it's dilapidated condition, but got worse when I noticed the curtains were still fluttering in that one window... Someone loved that little house once...

    And, like Sawn61, when I first started following your blog, I thought you might be a photojournalist by profession. You were/are that good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have come across a few homes like this one while traveling through rural Georgia. It always seems to me that these homes sit on a beautiful piece of land, and after you stare long enough, you are positive that the home can be restored because it goes hand and glove with the land.

    Happy New Year! Looking forward to your photographs in 2011!

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  8. Velva - In our case the old house was typically the original farmhouse on the land. Usually it gets replaced when the family builds a newer home on the farm. However, they continue to stand and go to ruin.

    Texwis - Thank you for the compliment. I do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's my type of house! A little fix-em-up and it's as good as new.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo! Seeing a house in that condition makes me think of all the people that have called it home over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely a quaint "fixer upper" but beyond my skills level. The snowy landscape is what greeted us as we returned to Minnesota from Christmas with the grandchildren. Beautiful yes but I wasn't too thrilled to find 2 ft. of snow blocking the driveway ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with Judy. The English teacher in me wonders what storied those walls hold. Looks like the beginning of a very interesting book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very cool shot. Two front doors? A duplex? I think not.

    We have an artist in our village that tears down old places like this and uses EVERY LITTLE bit of it for his art work. He does beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a disaster (the house, not the photo), but a very picturesque one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HOw'd you get a pic of my house? I should probably fix the roof huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Old abandoned homes always carry an aura of loneliness yet if one imagines its use it can come alive in your mind. Interesting house. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a charming little place. It could be really cute fixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sad house in need of TLC! Hope someone rescues it someday!

    Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Isn't it funny how so many homes from a certain era were built with two front doors. My granparents (both sets actually) had two. Great shot, though it's always sad to see one get in that condition.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A photo that needs no words - it captures a place that's had a life of its own.

    I just got caught up on your posts since I was away - enjoyed them very much and I got a good chuckle from your air horn story ;-) Fish and company only stay good for about 3 days ;-)

    All the best for 2011 !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great image.
    I find it strange coming from my culture how buildings are just left to rot for want of a better word. Buildings like this if significantly historic would be preserved by the authorities.
    What makes the image most poignant for me is the curtains in the window.... and then I can build up a wealth of thoughts about it in my head, albeit fictional. A lifetime of memories for someone.
    It's been good to find you this year, A Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry I'm late in posting but work has been murder. I know this is thoughtless Thursday but that picture just fills me with a lot of thoughts of days gone by.

    Happy New Year!

    Whitetail Woods Blog / Deer Hunting and Blackpowder Shooting at it’s best.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy New Year to you dear Farmchick! I hope 2011 is a wonderful year for you and your family! I'm happy to call you my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, it would be cool to know the story of that cozy little place!

    happy new year!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts