Sunday, June 19, 2011

For Secret Agent Man and Mr. B

"When I was a boy of fourteen my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But, when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."


Mark Twain


This Father's Day I would like to take a moment to thank Secret Agent Man....the driver of the go-cart and the cruise director of this ship....when I am not trying to direct it myself.


The wood cutting, girl's softball coaching, gentleman farming guy who is the dad to our two kids and my husband for twenty-three years. Thanks for all that you do, for all of us.



And, a special thanks to Mr. B for being my dad and a grandpa to my kids. I also appreciate his sense of humor such as this photo of him wearing this wig from the granddaughter's dress up box.




I hope you take a moment today to recognize the dads in your life.


26 comments:

  1. What a great post for Father's Day. I guess my dad wasn't as smart as most. I think I was 25 before he got really smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, if my dad was wearing a wig, i don't think I COULD recognize him. ha ha. couldn't resist.

    i like folks with a sense of humor!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I just put up a post and forgot to thank my hubby.. edit edit edit....

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it was a wonderful day for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...this is sweet! Happy Father's Day to your men!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it...great tribute...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that quote. It's so appropriate. And kudos to your men for being fun and silly when you least expect it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a wonderful tribute to all the wonderful Dads in your life, Farmchick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you have some fun loving men in your life...Isn't it nice to see our guys smile...
    Happy Father's day to both of them..
    blessings,
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice post - but be careful - Mr. B next year may want to accessorize...

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL on the wig! Looks like a fun time. Love the Twain quote.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A heart warming post, really nicely put together... Happy Fathers Day to all dads:)
    Have a wonderful week:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love that mark twain quote —

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely tribute to the dads in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the quote. Nice post, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a great family...hope the fathers enjoyed their day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great men in your life as fathers! And being married for 23 years is an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well put on what was fathers day, lets enjoy all of our dads while they are still with us..............Also please drop by my blog to a brand new post today from old order Mennonite Jean. And look for Jeans first ever recipe (whoopie pies) on Amish Stories this Wednesday. Richard

    ReplyDelete
  19. 23 years--WOW! I remember when you two started dating.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 23 years--WOW! I remember when you two started dating.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely post. Sadly my dad is gone and my son hardly remind a holiday like this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've read that MT quote many times and love it even more each time I do! It makes me giggle to think that's just how I thought of my mom! I love your carnival shots below... I'm looking forward to our county fair that's coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete