Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sin in the Oven

Cookies people....I am referring to cookies.  A little sinful treat here on this delightful Sunday in September.  This afternoon I baked up a ridiculously awesome cookie that I first read about in this magazine.  The original recipe calls for a homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I cheated and bought two rolls of generic chocolate chip cookie dough.  I know, I know.....terrible, but tasty.

I used two rolls of chocolate chip cookie dough and one box of Oreo cookies.  Seriously, this recipe is about combining those two delectable cookies.  I used a cookie scoop to make sure I had even proportions and placed one scoop on the top and one scoop on the bottom of an Oreo....just like this.  



Next, I squished the dough all around the Oreo until it was hidden in the middle.  Then I placed them on a baking tray that was lined with parchment paper.  They will spread a bit, so leave a bit more room than you see in this picture. 


I baked them per the instructions on the package of the cookie dough.  For me that was for 9-12 minutes at 350 degrees.  11 minutes was perfect in my oven.  Then I allowed them to cool on the kitchen island.  They look a bit lumpy.  Lumpy is good. 

Here is a very scientific cross section of this masterpiece. 

They are delicious.  Make them....because I said so. 

43 comments:

  1. oh my goodness - a recipe even I could do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand the title of the blog now...All I can say is "Oh, my"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I baked an apple bundt cake with brown sugar icing (on the cover of Sept. Southern Living) this weekend. It is good and it's almost gone.

    These cookies look delish. Will have to try these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I. Want. Cookies. NOW. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have my mouth watering :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lumpy is definitely good! Wow. I know what i'm making tonite.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a guy who's trying to watch his grub... you're baking ideas are like a cute blonde to a sailor on shore leave... very tempting...

    Dann in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got it girl...I always do as I am told, so I plan on making these tomorrow to take to our women's book club at church tomorrow night...
    Thank you..
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea I can just hear my Weight Watchers leader now! "Randy put the damn cookie down and back away slowly!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Randy's statement, exactly!
    But if you insist!
    BlessYaAnyway

    ReplyDelete
  11. MY GOSH! that is a SIN allright!!!

    haha

    oh oh oh

    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ren is having some friends over this upcoming Friday after the football homecoming game and I just figured out what little treat I'm going to serve them. Thanks! Have a great week. I am counting down now until Fall break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be making these tomorrow. I can already taste them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Farmchick -- these cookies are sinful -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  15. I imagine if you eat too many of these, you'll be lumpy too! :)

    Look delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I just heard my skinny jeans give a cry of agony.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love cookies! Those sound very good!
    I like to take two chocolate chip cookies, and use them to make a sandwich with chocolate cake icing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lumpy def does it for me too! I must make those,they look delicious! Love that you had a nice Sunday morning baking up a storm! I have got a chili bean beef soup going in the slow cooker...my hand slipped a bit with the chilies and I am going to have a good giggle tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great, I like them, this is just my kind of experiment...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very interesting...I think I drooled a little!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pure Brilliance!!! I've got to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ok. that is right up there with a fried twinkie (yes, it exists - i am a carnival food addict)

    getting a big old glass of milk ready..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do we have to cook them? Can we just eat them stacked up and not have to wait???

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Vickie - I think we could just use the oreo's like a chip and the dough as a dip....now there's an idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Birdman - No Way! My mom would be on the horn to me pronto! Wanting to know why my oven is not sparkling! lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. WEll I never! I"m think CC cookies are good all by themselves but I'm not the sweet eater in this group. I just found your blog and well, I'm happy you are a baker cause I'm surely not but I love to read all about it! :)

    Love the music too girl.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  27. You can't trust a cookie that ain't lumpy. These look dandy.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Whoa! I'm trying to diet and one cookie is probably my whole calorie allotment for a day...not that I wouldn't be tempted to eat one!

    ReplyDelete
  29. OK...but can my blood sugar handle it???

    ReplyDelete
  30. OH my! that cookies are so delicious.. can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. My hubby's two favorite cookies. He and my grandkids will devour these. I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my! Really? Wow! Are the oreo's soft when they come out of the oven? These look so good and so unique. Must try!

    ReplyDelete