Sunday, November 20, 2011

Raining Chocolate

It is a wet day here in central Kentucky and although it may not be actually raining chocolate, heavy raindrops have been falling since early this morning.  So, what better way to celebrate a cool, rainy day indoors, but with chocolate?!  

Creamy, decadent chocolate at that.  The following recipe is for a flour less chocolate cake that is creamy and rich with chocolate flavor.  

The first thing you shall need is one, 8-inch pan.  I chose to use a spring form pan because I am like that.  Make sure you have an old school Snoopy ruler on hand to check the diameter of said pan. 


Grease this pan and give it a liberal dusting with cocoa powder.  


Next, using a double boiler, melt 1/2 cup of butter and 4 ounces of semisweet chocolate.  Butter and chocolate.....a beautiful thing. 

Mix the melted chocolate/butter combo with 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 3 eggs (beaten), and 1 teaspoon vanilla.  Mix well and then pour into your prepared pan.  It should look like this.  All of this chocolaty goodness calls for a moment of silence.....

Bake that fantastic pan in a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes. 


Allow the cake to cool and then slice it, plate it, and cover it with caramel and pecans.  

Just the right treat for a rainy Sunday afternoon and a nice gluten-free item for your Thanksgiving table.

Make it, eat it, enjoy it, and that's an order.  

29 comments:

  1. I'm drooling! Oh, no, that was Soldier's comment. He's in here with me, resting on a rainy Sunday here in the canyon. It looks delicious, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i'm drooling over your rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful... and you sure do have a way of making it sound even more wonderful. Yummm!!!! I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you ship? That looks fantastic! Nice way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes Mam....sounds awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Sir uh I mean yes ma'am! It sure looks heavenly and I can sure smell it cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yum...that snoopy ruler is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sure looks fantastic! I have looked at these flourless choclate cake recipes before but never tried it,seems like now might be a good time...We have had such promising conditions for rain last night but,alas we had none! Just before six in the morning here and already packing out a glow..(I read somewhere ladies don't sweat..,they glow...and boy am I glowing!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. MMMMmmmmm..this type of chocolate cake is right no matter what the weather is outside!
    My DIL is now eating glutin free so I will pass this recipe on to her..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm… that looks delicious I must buy this size of pan I'm going to bake that for my next dating evening …

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's tough for me at 5pm just after my lecture before an hours drive before I can have dinner around 7pm ! The little touches of camarel and pecans makes it so much more inviting ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very tempting! But I haven't had breakfast yet, :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow... that looks awesome! I'm using my spring form pan for a cheese cake tonight.
    Hopefully no one will touch it until Thursday afternoon...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent post, in any possible way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my.....caramel and pecans....Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a chocolate cheesecake recipe I've had since we were married... I am seriously craving it. Thanks for the suggestion!

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:
    *H*A*P*P*Y* *T*H*A*N*K*S*G*I*V*I*N*G*!*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, I'm crossing the river and heading south.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Do you mail things to Canada?:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Here's another chocolaholic. How nice for you to put up a gluten-free recipe. I can use this! Thanks, Farmchick!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yummy, and easy enough I think I might be able to manage it. :)

    ReplyDelete