Sunday, August 19, 2012

Whirlwind



This weekend has been a whirlwind of activity for me. Fall sports season has started up at our house, but then again I am not sure sports season ever stopped at our house. Anyway, things are busy. To top it all off I trucked on up to the great city of Louisville to watch Journey, Loverboy, and Pat Benatar rock Freedom Hall on Friday night. Yes, this is me located second from the right, scrunched up with some great friends for the evening. 




When I told my daughter that I was going to this concert: 

1.  She was totally miffed that she wasn't going. 

2.  She was mortified and demonstrated it with a heavy eye roll.  She declared that I wouldn't even get home until 2am.  It was 2:30am actually......ROCK ON! 


Saturday night had our Smalltownland football team participating in a bowl game the next town over.  This lasted well into the evening, with a surprise victory touchdown by the opposing team with 6 SECONDS left in the game.  A shocking end to a great game. 



Yes, this a photo of some extreme football fan participation.  

No, this is not me.  




Made it home after midnight last night and can I just say that I might not even leave the farm at all today.  

This Farmchick needs some rest. 


25 comments:

  1. i would have loved that concert, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (thanks for the sample on your playlist!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun was had by all. Get some rest today, OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Michelle, my daughter just went to see that same concert at the Tacoma Dome here in Washington State last week! No, I wasn't invited. :( It was for a birthday of one of her friends.

    Love that even Farmchicks get to have some fun!!! Rest up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that hat...I bet you had a ball at the concert...sounds like you do need a restful day today...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang girl! I would have driven down there to meet you for that concert. They all would have been playing my songs! I think we were children of the 60's who grew up rocking to the late'70s and '80s bands! ROCK ON is right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an awesome weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) Life as it can, as it should be. Please have you all a good new week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your note on my blog . . . and: it looks as if you've been having some fun lately!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too fun. I would have loved that concert. They are coming to Albuquerque but instead of Pat Benetar we getting Lita Ford, still good. I may have to run down there. ROCK ON!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! Rock on! I can relate to the all-year sports. My son plays soccer and it is non-stop.

    Who says us mommas can't rock till the wee-hours of the night! The difference it takes us more time to recover.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  12. Living the good life, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess she puts that hat up in a safe place after the season is over each year. Bless her heart.

    Glad I was invited to the concert--it was a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rock on, indeed! My granddaughter would roll her eyes too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You need some 'rest' at home after all this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good for you... and getting your Rock'on girlfriends to share in the fun.

    All together... Na Na Na Na Naaa Na!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! And no chance to sleep in this AM? Looks like you've weathered adulthood a bit better than some others. hahahaha Sorry! Grin!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I well remember following my boys in football, basketball, track, band, choir and some occasional homework.... I'm still exhausted thirty years later.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, yes, "old" folks get to break loose every once in a while, much to the dismay of the youngsters!!! They think they invented a good time, huh? Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good for you. Rock on!!!

    PS How's school going? Today was only our third day back after budget issues delayed the start of school by 8 days. 8 extra days was nice. Making them up during the year will not be. :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are one rockin' farm chick!! I can so relate! When I was 18 I helped put on 2 rock concerts up near Seattle. I saw all the great 60s bands, I did a whole blog post on it - you can read about it if you click on "Rock Festivals..." under "Popular Posts" on the right bar at the bottom. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Some of my favorites from my younger days. Sounds like great fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. yeah! How FUN was that concert!?! Totally envious :)

    ReplyDelete