Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Small Town Rounds

What happens when you have an extra day off AND it rains? 

. It's called the, "home improvement tri-fecta", I tell ya! Here is Secret Agent Man in his undercover best, because really....who would think he has a serious sort of job with this scruffy appearance? Before I snapped this pic he was gazing rather lovingly at the breaker box while talking on the phone with Southern Fried Momma's husband. Yes, receiving instructions on how to fix a bad breaker switch that controls an outlet.

 Before this the man had already repaired a gate in the barn AND the upstairs toilet. Nothing short of a holiday miracle, I say. In honor of his manly achievements I baked up some Small Town Rounds to pair with our spaghetti supper. Clipped from a magazine many years ago, this recipe never fails to please. 



Combine 2/3 cup of Parmesan cheese with 1/2 cup mayo, blend well. 

Mix in the following:  
1/4 tsp dried basil 
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp dried oregano




This will become rather paste-like in consistency.  You will need to spread 1 tsp of this mix onto canned biscuits that you have flattened out onto a baking sheet.  I know that using canned biscuits in The South is rather like committing a sin, but just work with me here. 



Place in a 400 degree oven and bake for 11-13 minutes. 



Seriously good and even better paired with an Italian themed meal.  

Just don't tell Secret Agent Man that these have mayo on them.  He calls the stuff, "salve", and won't touch it.  

Please don't ask me why he calls it that. 




34 comments:

  1. These look delicious! Don't worry... my lips are sealed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they do look good! Hooray for project accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing lazy about your "Secret Agent Man."
    I for sure have a few grandsons that would love these. Thanks for sharing this quick and easy recipe today.
    Have a good week.
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Too bad we aren't eating bread around here anymore- these looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely agree with Secret Agent Man about mayo, but they look delicious and I have no problems piring them with an Italian meal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love a good handy man! congrats to s.a.m. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got to try me some of those small town rounds....

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Mister did a few things around the house over the long weekend, too....steamed cleaned carpet in two rooms and unclogged a drain. I couldn't have been more pleased. ha. I rewarded him with deep fried shrimp. lol....

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one handsome handy man you have there! And how nice of you to cook for him like that.. cracks me up that he doesn't like mayo.. omg.. I can't imagine! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmm! Easy and delish! My two favorite words! A good reward for a job well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh i'll have to try those....maybe i can reward my hubs with him after he mows the yard ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look delish!!! My husband doesn't like that my girls and I are BIG mayo people... He calls it Elf snot to try and dissuade us from eating so much. Doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. not a mayo person either...but they sure look good...lucky you he got so much taken care of on Labor day...

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have been having an issue with one of our breakers too. It can be such a pain. Thankfully we both have hubbys who are handy.

    Those look awesome. Can't wait to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful reminder, that it is the 'inside' that counts.

    Please have you all a good Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like the Secret Agent Man just woke up !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks delicious! I have a niece (age 35) who hates mayo but I bet I could fool her with these!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wong - No worries there. He is always the first one up, usually right after the sun comes up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those do look good, funny what your Secret Agent Man calls them. He looks so very harmless. Cute!
    BlessYa'll

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the recipe. They look easy and yummy. My kind of recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll take his share if he finds out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha ha - salve ! Cracked me up - I fully understand.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Send secret agent man over to my house!! He might need to take a year's leave though... Hope the nosh did make him feel good about all that work! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh it is nice to have a cute handy man around, I know this from experience:)
    Love the biscuits. B

    ReplyDelete
  25. ohhhh, those do look good. I think I'll have to try them with our next spaghetti dinner

    ReplyDelete
  26. A good guy like that deserves to be rewarded!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I get really nervous when my hubby opens the breaker box. Hope he was able to add breaker to his fixit list.
    Your Small Town Rounds look so delicious. I will be making those soon. Nothing wrong with canned bisquits.
    Funny...my hubby calls any lotion salve and he won touch it with a ten foot pole.

    ReplyDelete
  28. YUM! My hubby loves mayo. And I will definitely try these Michelle. My kinda style.

    ReplyDelete
  29. they look pretty yummy...
    even though they do have mayo in them.

    but once they're cooked, you can't tell...it's not like spreading mayo on the top, ugh.

    i'll have to try them next time i make spaghetti...the ready made biscuits make it easier!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am on the fly but am SURE to come back to snatch up this recipe and try it! YUM!

    ReplyDelete