Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sweet Surprise

The whole science of Meteorology seems so very fraught with errors.

Twice, this past week, we have been under a winter weather advisory.  Twice the predictions have been wrong.  




Then, without warning, I woke up this morning to a delightful dusting of snow. 



I had to slip on Secret Agent Man's boots and have a spin around the farm.  



The Lady of the Yard is enjoying the peacefulness of the snow. 


So is the Lady of the House.  





33 comments:

  1. Very pretty pictures and I bet is was quiet out and about early in the snow. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring out the snow shovels and snow tires! :-}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I enjoyed m "Spin" around the yard too. Pretty pretty. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby always says meteorology is the only profession that you can be wrong the majority of the time and still keep your job! :-). Your photos are beautiful. Enjoy the quiet of the snow.
    Blessings,
    Betsy
    Http://www.betsy-thesimplelifeofaqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here! Being right on the coast, we are never very trusting. Our winter storm warnings have ended up 1-2 inches, and last night we had a coating (which has already melted). I LOVE that statue! If I lived closer, you may wake up in the morning with a ransom note. She is beautiful.

    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I love the close up of the branch. Our meteorologists have been getting things wrong a lot lately!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun surprise and quiet yard safari to capture the jewels of nature. Enjoy your warm home today!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our advisory this week was 1" or less....ended up with 5". Oops. We must have the same weather watchers haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. So peaceful. There's nothing worse than having to struggle out on a snowy day when you'd rather be at home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Science and meteorology are two words that don't go together well... (Yes, I am paraphrasing a song of the Beatles that bear your name!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a beautiful setting, Michelle.

    No matter what the meteorologists say, they are always right. If they say 80 percent chance of snow, well, the 20 percent occurred if it doesn't snow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos! I love winter scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!!!! glad you got some of that white stuff to, we are knee deep in it, beautiful pictures, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How sweet! Don't you just love surprises like this...Everything looks beautiful, even the lady of the yard...
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  15. that was a fun spin...I got to stay warm and cozy in my chair...and see your beautiful snow...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the close up of the branches.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Same here. On a Sunday. What a waste! haha

    And as quickly as ours came, it left.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful surprise! Looks so peaceful and still.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! I can almost feel the quiet...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always enjoy a light dusting!!! Especially when you don't have to shovel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty. I took some phone pics but didn't go out with the big camera. Now it's melting. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty photos...especially the one with delicate snow on the branches.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So funny! We had an unforecasted snow storm too! They can't seem to get it right. Your home looks so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The snow is beautiful! More beautiful when it was a surprise after you woke-up.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  25. Like your ending words plus the beautiful snow. Today our snow is almost gone. Looks like, if the national weather is calling it right, we are in for some spring weather. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love those ornate chairs in the snow...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sure makes the farmette even more photogenic !

    Meteorologists likely attended the same forecasting classes as economists.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I do hope the ice you had earlier had long melted away before the snow topped it off. That's when life really gets interesting moving about.
    I wonder how the honey bees would do in our arctic freezes of minus-30'sF.
    It's been miserable but pretty in white.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your snow looks so quiet and pretty!

    Everyone thinks it snows all the time where we live but it has been in the 50's almost every day for the past two weeks..lol. I heard that march is Colorado's snowiest month--time will tell!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nothing like a peaceful early morning after a fresh snowfall. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. A light dusting is okay by me -- it freshens up the dirty landscape. :)

    ReplyDelete