Slow But Sure



"No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn."  

Hal Borland



Comments

  1. Great photo....happy Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you sure about this quote? not sure i believe. we have had the weirdest spring ever this year. it is pouring rain & the heat is on again. are you kidding!!! ha. ha!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  3. nests have always fascinated me...great shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even the tree looks ready to break out in green. Love how birds have so much confidence in their nest building in the most precarious places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True, but I have experienced a couple years in which spring seems to have happened so fast it was almost nonexistent..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo of the nest! Spring is here today so I must get outside soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right! We've missed quite a few summers, but never a winter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's hope Hal Borland was right. :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did you get this nest photo? It looks like it's high up in a tree! Spring has sprung here.. almost like summer already! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love seeing nests. We have one right by our light on our garage and I say hello to the bird sitting on her nest as I walk past her :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love finding little nests. A Black Phoebe had one hanging under our eaves for a few years, complete with tail hair from one of my horses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!!! Finally Spring has sprung....love the little nest...Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty and I love the red on that branch. I hope you have some sweet baby birds to photograph too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely picture for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank goodness Spring is finally here. It certainly seemed like a lonnnnnnnng winter to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Indeed. And I needed the reassurance. It did read the seventies here today.... finally!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I take it spring is slow in coming this year.
    Merle.......

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this photo, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a bird lover, so this shot is particularly appealing. My wife and I recently finished a Key West garden in our backyard, and it is a virtual aviary.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This stunning photo is filled with promise.
    I hope your Bee keeping Adventure is going well -
    Sure enjoy visiting your blog.
    -g-

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your words sure do apply to this spring! -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice construction technique.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Was this a nest from last year? Or one in progress? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, I think it is an old nest. I haven't seen any inhabitants thus far.

      Delete
  24. i hope hal is right because i've been having my doubts!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your quote reminds me of one of my favorite ballads, by Guns N' Roses:
    Nothing last forever
    even cold November rain...

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is true! Beautiful spring image! xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well caught. Great caption for the photo.

    I was privileged to see Puffin birds collecting grass for the nest at close range last week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts