Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Chocolate Amaretto Bundt Cake


Ask and you shall receive.......

On this blog anyway, when you request a baking recipe.  Several of you out there requested the recipe I baked from the Magnolia Bakery Cookbook.  It turned out quite well and, if you are a Kentucky girl, then bourbon makes a fine substitution for Amaretto when you realize you are out of it at the last minute.  

Don't eat too much.....




Chocolate Amaretto Bundt Cake from the Magnolia Bakery Cookbook 

2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter,  softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
1 cup milk
3 teaspoons almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons amaretto - flavored liqueur

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and light flour a 10 - inch Bundt pan.
In a medium-size bowl, sift together the flour and the baking soda.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and the sugars until fluffy, about 3 minutes.  Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.  Add the chocolate, mixing until well incorporated.  Add the dry ingredients in thirds, alternating with the milk and the extracts, beating after each addition until smooth.  Add the liqueur and mix well.  Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake 45-50 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean.  Let cake cool in pan for 20 minutes.  Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.


40 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks good, you are getting fancy with that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good, and I wish I had a piece to eat while drinking my morning coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photograph is as nice as the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I've got is Tequila. Would that work? :) Gorgeous cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this sounds so good but the photo makes me drool yummy. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just in time for Valentine's Day! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't like amaretto so would prefer bourbon - have some maker's mark at the ready. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not need the recipe to imagine that this is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks yummy. But you really can't post this and then write "Don't eat to much". :) Seems like that's going to be impossible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum, Yum!!! DH would absolutely swoon at this. I'd be right behind him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chocolate and amaretto, two of my favorite things! This cake looks delicious! I wish I were more into baking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, it makes my mouth water, just reading about it and looking at the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy!! I think the bourbon might even be better.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so pretty! And looks really delicious. I like using amaretto when baking but haven't used it in a while actually.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I shall pretend I haven't seen this because my belt wouldn't agree! :-) It looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOOOHHHH! However I could do without the Amaretto. I've had issues with that before.
    But now I'm wondering if we have the other ingredients in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've always believed in death by chocolate. Thanks for the recipe -this is wonderful! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks wonderful! I just added it to my to do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooohhhh. There is some fine dining going on in Smalltownland.

    ReplyDelete
  20. so let me get this straight before I start... the bourbon goes INTO the cake first...?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. God, that bundt cake looks good. I prefer bourbon to amaretto anyday (smile).

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is my first time visiting and I have to tell you that I was completely speechless when I saw your beautiful header! It pulled me right in and had me sitting here for two hours reading through all your previous posts. Your photography is stunning! I had to read on because I am a city girl about ready to move to a very small southern town as well.

    You really have a lovely space here. xo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  23. omgoodness, that looks awesome!! Beautifully presented!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. All it needs is some ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  25. reaching through the screen..... ha.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dang it.. I have wanted a bundt pan for a long time.. but I don't want a cheap thin aluminum one. I'll go look again. That look yummy! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's 4:15 in the morning here and made you me want something sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks tasty! Save me a slice, I'm on my way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks great. I have to save this for when I lose the weight from all the baking I did last year. Vicious cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  30. looks so yummy. i was wondering if we were going to talk drinks, coffee or what?? such an awesome flavor. got snow? we are wondering ourselves if the white stuff will show up or not?? ( :

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm passing this one on to Elenka. Amaretto... ah.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very appetising with the use of photography. I've tried to do this a few times in a coffee shop or two, but the light & depth of field focusing are never quite perfect.

    ReplyDelete