Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving



Thanksgiving 

That day in history when the Pilgrims joined the Native Americans in giving thanks for the blessings of bounty.  

During a recent lesson on this American holiday one of my students raised their hand to ask if the Pilgrims were still alive.  I explained that no they were not and we calculated the number of years that had passed since the very first Thanksgiving.  

But why, my student pressed on, had he seen them shopping at Wal Mart?  

Thus the lesson diverted to the subject of our local Amish and Mennonite communities.

I do hope this gave you a small smile.    



Wishing all of my American friends out there a very Happy Thanksgiving!




11 comments:

  1. Wishing you and yours a cozy Thanksgiving Michelle. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet. :) happy thanksgiving, michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun story.. that is how kids learn.. asking questions. You did a good job making a lesson out of it. I hope you have a turkey-rific day with your family!!

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:
    *H*A*P*P*Y* *T*H*A*N*K*S*G*I*V*I*N*G*!*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a lovely Thanksgiving and this was a interesting post...
    Have a beautiful day, take care!
    Warmly,
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you had a wonderful day too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good lesson for the kids! Great opportunity. Hope you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A smile from me indeed . . .
    Loved it . . .
    I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving Day . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your photo. I hope you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Priceless...I you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving Day surrounded by those you love...Sending greetings from Maine, Julie...

    ReplyDelete