Sunday, August 16, 2015

Bovine Beauties

We have a new herd of Bovine Beauties here on the farmette.  Arriving yesterday afternoon, they spent a snug night in the barn and were ready for some fresh, green grass this morning.  The man-child of the house is now working six, long days a week and was getting to sleep in a bit.  Taking pity on him, I went to help Secret Agent Farmer Man in the barn.  

I had to take my coffee.  



The ladies were pretty calm and proceeded to check out their new digs.  



Earrings people!
 They are essential when you are trying to achieve that down home farm kind of look.  



I was lucky that I came away from this excursion with my boots only covered in morning dew.  
A family friend who picks up/delivers cattle for us was not so lucky.  


He was swiped, from bottom to top, with a cow tail covered in manure.  Think of it as a paintbrush rendering a scene right on some blue jeans and a t-shirt.  Apparently he just took out his pocket knife and scraped it off his clothes.  No need to go home and change.....

That's a hardy man, right there.  





27 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new beauties on your field ... Beautiful fur & eyes!
    It's the season of hard work, all the best to you & your hubs ... Coffee breaks in the shadow will do good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid photography! I myself would have gone home to change. Nice boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta love good country folk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...oh dear...and men just don't have a sense of smell like we girls do!

    love the mug...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the cows. We are slowly starting with cows...just got a 2 month old...but she only has one earring ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'm sure, I could never be a farm girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are a lovely addition to your farm. Like the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my that was cute visual...sort of...LOL...I love your photos, so paintable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guess you can't run home every time you get covered in manure! Wonderful picture of the cow with her "earrings."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! Greetings to your new beauties. And wishing you any more lucky morning dew mornings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The trusty pocketknife, in all its versions, is a universal tool. Crap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad it wasn't you who got painted with manure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad you got only dew drops and that you didn't post a photo of your unlucky friend I am sure you took...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the big smile tonight Michelle.

    And I love your mug!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kudos to you for letting your son sleep in. However, not a chore I would want to have done, but glad you escaped the manure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the cows - and their "earrings"! So many wonderful memories of my childhood and manure covered boots.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmm, well in that case you were lucky just to get dew!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on the new farmyard companions! I love cattle. They're so huge and gentle. Amazing that your boots came out of the barnyard unscathed! Nice photos. So glad the ladies are settling in nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are absolutely the cutest thing...:)
    To show what a sissy city girl I am...I thought BOVINE were pigs.....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ewwwwww! I don't want to think about that swishing cow tail . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, you were lucky...I don't think I could be so hardy as the other guy!

    ReplyDelete