Sunday, August 7, 2016

Snow in August



Made you look with that blog title, right?  


If, like me, you are sweltering then I hope this photo cools you off a bit.  Our weatherman predicted such a nice day for us, yesterday.  However, it remained semi-sweltering with two downpours.  

Go figure......

I cannot imagine being a weatherman/person.  You work hard to make predictions and then it just all goes to pot....a lot of the time.  


Linking up with The Barn Collective today.  



42 comments:

  1. well, i liked your cool-down, just the same...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness we don't have much hot sweltering weather. Right now it is 54 out but will be a nice pleasant day in the very low 70s. Hopefully the weatherman can get it right sometimes. Haha
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather has been so unpredictable here as well ~ everything from sunshine to rain and a bit hail every now and then (though not snow ~ yet?!) ... So I have learned to have an umbrella with me when leaving home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tones in this great barn shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought OMG. Where does she live? Kind of looks good at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice cool down!!!! Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buddy was running a marathon when the skies opened and it was like a hurricane. Blowing, heavy downpour. We were all so hot it actually felt good, tho my candles started rubbing blisters by the end of the race from the wet leather. It is a bit better today...thank goodness. Liked your cooling post. I wish for it right now, but come winter I will get awfully tired of it. Have a nice week...not too hot a one :-) genie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, aren't you funny ;-) HOT here too...ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has been really hot here too! But I'm not looking forward to winter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I for one love winter, but and that's a big but I am enjoying this hot summer. Each sezson needs to be savored and not rushed. Michelle, this is a beautiful image and I thank you for sharing it. Stay cool and stop back again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a really nice shot, Michelle...very interesting. The snow helps a bit, too. Our daughter lives in southwestern Colorado and I think it might be possible they'd get some snow in August at 9,000 feet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, LOL catchy title. I am not ready for snow infact I like the hot weather over the icy snowy winter. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. To think we'll be looking at the real thing in just a few months! We're heading off to our lake camping trip day after tomorrow - I'm hoping for sunshine so we can kayak and swim. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, lonely old barn.
    You can keep the snow just a bit longer. I'm going to agree with Tom and savor the rest of this beautiful summer.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would give anything for a touch of snow right now. This heat is unbearable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a true summer lover. Everything about it is wonderful. I'm the idiot that is pulling weeds when its 90 out. I'm a grump in the winter. I probably shouldn't be living north of Chicago. I need to move somewhere warmer. Den likes the winter. We are direct opposites.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is hard to figure sometimes how the weathermen keep their job when they are wrong so often! I guess it's just an expected part of the trade. The past couple days have been quite pleasant, though last week did have some very hot days! In any case, living here in Iowa, I really appreciate summer regardless of how hot it gets. Winter is just too cold to complain during the summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, our weather has been unpredictable as far as rain.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha ha!:) You got me there, and it is a cool picture. Here, their predictions have been spot on. Temperatura here has been 38C - 100.4F for ages, and predictions are for 40 this week. Talk about sweltering, I feel positively cooked.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks beautiful with the snow all around.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's a hot summer here in my part of Canada. Thanks for the cool down.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like it though I can do without snow for 3 or 4 months :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Una imagen estupenda, un saludo desde Murcia.

    ReplyDelete
  24. ahhhhh....I nearly got chill bumps looking at your pretty photo.....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Snow in August - now that is just not nice!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks fun, but will take the heat for a bit more

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the much needed refreshment! Here in Montreal, Canada it is due to be extremely hot and humid this week and expected to reach in the high 30's and even 40's celsius. I do love the summer but have trouble taking this humidity and high heat, and we really need some rain. Thanks again, very much needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. If I were young and making a choice in careers/college degree, I'd certainly pick meteorology!!! Where else can you make a six figure income and be wrong 99% of the time.

    That fine dusting of snow looks mighty refreshing 'bout now.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, that's a great photo! I'm feeling cooler already...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The weatherman/woman can always move to California, where this time of year it's sunshine every day and coastal temps in the 70 -80s, with inland temps close to 100. Every day, every single day. Maybe they would get bored though.

    ReplyDelete
  31. It was much cooler here today. Dreary though.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This heat has to break soon . . .
    Thanks for the teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Weatherpeople are the only ones who don't have to be right and still keep their jobs! Nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful Shed, and looks its too early for winters.

    ReplyDelete
  35. The headline certainly grabbed attention. You won't want to know that it's a cool day in northern England, then? We are expecting summer one day next week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yup, you made me look Michelle, and at first I thought it might be sand. And yes some snow would be welcomed now, but then we can save some in winter and you would have to come for a pick-up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. No, Michelle, it is very easy to be a weatherman. You say "90 percent chance of rain," and if it doesn't rain, no big deal, the 10 percent just came in.

    ReplyDelete