The Pick-Up Road


Today, around noon or so, I left to pick up the girl of the house.  She spent the night with a good friend, a friend who happens to live at the opposite end of our rural county.  

It's about a forty-five minute drive....want to come along?  

It will take us about twenty minutes to get to, "town".  Five minutes to get through this small town and then onward to a tiny country road.  A road with old trucks and tractors parked in a new barn.  


A road with tobacco drying racks sitting on a hillside.  



A road that used to be rife with busy farms and farmhouses full of life.  



My final destination is an old farmhouse, and I mean over one hundred fifty years old.  Sitting next to it is this newish barn, with the perfect shade of red.  




"Success is not a destination, but the road that you're on.  Being successful means that you're working hard and walking your walk everyday.  You can only live your dream by working hard towards it.  That's living your dream."  

Marlon Wayans  


Linking up with The Barn Collective




Comments

  1. Now that is my kind of drive. great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, thanks for the short tour of your rural county, I hope that we can do this again. Other than the tobacco drying racks, things look a lot like here. Thanks for stopping by and please plan to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my sort of drive. Love the rural scenes you found, particularly that second to last image, so whimsical, sort of old and faded beneath a bright, bright sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking us along. interesting! I liked seeing the tobacco racks as I have never seen then before.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The pictures and the beautiful message! So true ! Every day is a gift?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taking your camera along for the ride got yourself some excellent photos. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, thanks for taking us along on the ride. Great photos and quote. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots,they could easily pass for around here.I describe my old barns as prairie palaces, the old ones are losing out to the newer ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tres joli trip Michelle. Such a fabulous shot of the 100 year old barn, super composition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Michelle. I am back at the farm for a few days. The heater is not working in the greenhouse, so I'll be scrambling today for a very large electric heater and that is the reason I have driven a pickup for the last 20 years or so.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the nice ride!
    Love that red barn . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. I appreciate seeing the sights in your area. Looks like a wonderful place to live and raise a family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed the ride with you. thanks. : ) Nice old barn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. curious about those racks, i have only seen tobacco dried in upside down in a barn before? i guess i need to research that. way different. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  15. You live in such a pretty area, Michelle. Hardly ever see stuff like this in Naples!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for taking us along on the pick-up ride, Michelle. The area you live in reminds me of the VA eastern shore where we previously lived for 12 years. Lots of farms and barns and many sadly abandoned.

    ReplyDelete
  17. this was a great peak into your home. my life - my town, completely different!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i enjoyed my ride with you! the old farmhouse is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts